Metronome sound

jonathan

08 May, 2022 04:49 PM

Hi,

I have two questions :)
I have been using Tabular for years and really enjoy it.

1) When will export to GuitarPro be implemented?
2) Is it possible to change the sound of the metronome? I can't stand the weird sound, it doesn't sound like a regular metronome at all.

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 09 May, 2022 11:57 PM

Hey Jonathan, thanks for the kind words, it means a lot to hear from long-time users!

Both of these have been on my list for quite a while, sorry for keeping you hanging for so long. I'm currently working on some iPad UI improvements, but once I wrap that up, I think it'll be a good time to work on these.

Do you have any examples of a metronome sound that you like?

2. 2 Posted by jonathan on 10 May, 2022 06:12 AM

Hi Jarod,
    Thanks for your kind reply :)

For the metronome sound it could be something like this:

It could also be some simple drum sounds, I uploaded a metronome that I often use which is basically a closing Hi-Hat and then Hand Claps for the first beat.

If it's not too difficult to implement, then having a few sounds to choose from would be ideal :)

Thanks again, looking forward to see this implemented!

3. 3 Posted by jonathan on 10 May, 2022 06:18 AM

Sorry for the unnecessarily large file, here's a shorter one ;)

4. 4 Posted by jonathan on 11 May, 2022 06:14 AM

@Jarod Just to be sure it's not only me, the metronome does say a high-pitched sound together with the actual click, right?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jarod Long on 11 May, 2022 07:43 PM

Oh jeez, I do hear the high-pitched sound on the latest version as well...that's definitely not right haha. It's supposed to be a traditional metronome click sound. Sorry about that, I'm not sure how I didn't catch this earlier! I'm gonna look into this right away, and I'll try to get a patch update out in the next few days.

Thanks for reporting the issue and for the examples! I still think choosing between different metronome sounds would be useful so I'll work on that soon as well 👍

6. 6 Posted by jonathan on 11 May, 2022 09:16 PM

Great! Thanks a lot :)

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Jarod Long on 25 May, 2022 06:24 PM

Hey Jonathan, just wanted to give a quick update on this and apologize for the delay. Life has gotten unexpectedly busy the last few weeks, so unfortunately I haven't had as much time to work on this as I expected. Also, I was able to reproduce the beeping metronome the one time I tested the other day, but since then I haven't been able to make it happen again, so it's turning out to be a bit tricky to fix. I'm planning on redoing the metronome implementation, which is something I was going to need to do anyways to support multiple metronome sounds. It'll take a bit more time but should fix the issue.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac