Break

lili.marlene3945

18 Oct, 2020 06:40 PM

Hello, I would like to know how to put a break (on a measure of 4/4 and the break would be in the beginning of the measure) and a quarter note.

Is there any owner manual ? That would be VERY appreciate and USEFUL.

Thanks !

Kareen H.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 20 Oct, 2020 06:50 PM

Hey Kareen,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by break here, so apologies if I'm misinterpreting what you're asking. If you're referring to a rest, you can notate one by simply not adding any notes to a division.

For example, when you create a new document, you'll be given a measure containing a single division with whole note duration. To start with a quarter note rest, you can press Q to change the duration to quarter note (or tap the - key a few times to decrease the duration). Then press space to add a new division and add some notes to it. This will give you a quarter note rest at the beginning of the measure.

Let me know if that's not what you meant and I'll be happy to clarify further!

I'm planning on releasing an official owner's manual / help guide in the future, but unfortunately there isn't one yet. The in-app tutorial can guide you through the basics, and for anything else I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Hope this helps!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac