New version

Rob

21 Feb, 2019 05:38 PM

This app doesn't do many of the things I'd hoped. I see several mentions in the comments of a new version coming, but that's been over the course of two years. Is there really an update coming? Will i be able to add lyrics to the sheet?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 21 Feb, 2019 11:07 PM

Hey Rob,

Yeah, I'm still working on the update. I'm really sorry for the absurdly long wait time -- I'm planning on publishing a writeup with more detail once the update's finally ready, but the long and short of it is that Tabular stopped being a meaningful source of income a long time ago, so I now work a full-time job and can only work on the app in my spare time. That change came after I'd committed to a major rewrite of the app to create a more stable foundation for sustainable development, which is a decision I made based on an overly-optimistic estimation of how long the work would take and the assumption that I'd have more time as a full-time developer on the project.

I've been pretty quiet so I can dedicate as much of my spare time as possible to working on the app, and progress has been slow but steady. There are still a few major features that need to be finished, but it's starting to come together now. In the mean time, it's possible and totally understandable to request a refund from Apple if you're not happy with the app. You should be able to re-purchase it once it's updated if you'd like to check it out again in the future.

As for lyrics, I'm no longer expecting to add too many new features in 2.0 so that I can get the update out as soon as possible. But that's one of the most commonly-requested features, so I'll likely take a look at it shortly after the update.

2. 2 Posted by ROBERT J MARTIN on 21 Feb, 2019 11:28 PM

Jarod,
    Thank you for the response but Apple is refusing to refund my purchase, so I’m stuck with it.

Rob

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 21 Feb, 2019 11:36 PM

Hmm, that's strange. Would you be able to forward your correspondence with Apple to [email blocked] so I can take a look and try to resolve the situation?

4. 4 Posted by ROBERT J MARTIN on 21 Feb, 2019 11:51 PM

I can’t. It’s not email. It’s requested in my ITunes account. Also, the email you sent in the last message is blocked by one of our mail servers.

Rob

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jarod Long on 22 Feb, 2019 12:12 AM

Hmm, okay, I was hoping to switch to email to keep your information private. Can you summarize the reason for rejecting the refund? I want to see if I can contact Apple and get them to reverse the decision. The email is jarod at chromaticlabs dot com. Can you see that?

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac