Lost all my tabs

Adam

09 Jul, 2020 09:37 AM

I was wondering if someone can help me. I just opened the app and I lost all my TABS!!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 10 Jul, 2020 01:05 AM

Hey Adam, I'm so sorry for the trouble! Could you let me know the following information to help sort this out?

• Are you running the Mac or iPad version of the app?
    • Do you know where you chose to store your Tabular library? During setup, did you use the default iCloud location, the default non-iCloud location, or a custom location?
    • Did you recently move your library in the app's settings?
  2. 2 Posted by Adam Roach on 10 Jul, 2020 01:36 AM

Hi Jarod.
    I am using the iPad version.
    I am really not sure where I originally set up for the where the data to go.
    I haven’t moved the library.
    I did have a lot in there that I use for teaching!

From Adam Roach

On 10 Jul 2020, at 11:05 am, Jarod Long <[email blocked]> wrote:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 10 Jul, 2020 01:53 AM

Thanks for the info! It sounds like you're most likely using the default library location, which is in iCloud Drive. The tabs can disappear from the app if it loses access to iCloud Drive, but the files will still be there.

First, let's make sure we can find your files in iCloud Drive. Open the Files app and select iCloud Drive as the location in the sidebar. You should see a list of folders, and one of them should be called Tabular with the app's icon on it. Inside that folder should be another folder called Documents, which is where all of your tabs should be.

If you don't see iCloud Drive as an option, go to the Settings app and make sure you're signed into your Apple ID. In your Apple ID settings, tap on "iCloud". In that list you should see an option called iCloud Drive -- make sure it's enabled. Further down the list you should see apps that you have installed including Tabular. Make sure that Tabular is also enabled here.

Assuming you needed to sign in to your Apple ID or that either of those options were disabled, your tabs should reappear in the app after making those changes. Let me know if this didn't work and I can investigate further.

4. 4 Posted by Adam Roach on 10 Jul, 2020 03:12 AM

Hi Jarod.
    Unfortunately when I go to my iCloud Drive in the Files app there is no Tabular folder!

From Adam Roach

On 10 Jul 2020, at 11:54 am, Jarod Long <[email blocked]> wrote:

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jarod Long on 10 Jul, 2020 06:20 PM

Hmm, the only reason that the folder should be missing is if Tabular is disabled in your iCloud settings, or if the folder was deleted manually. The app itself has no direct control over whether that folder exists, only of the contents inside of it. Can you double check your iCloud settings?

Could you also try creating a new tab in the app? If it tries to create the document in iCloud but doesn't have access to it, you should see a "failed to create document" message. If you're able to successfully create a document, that could indicate that something else is going on.

Lastly, on the Settings tab inside Tabular, if you tap on the option to move your library, you should see a file picker with your library's current location selected. Could you try that and let me know what folder is selected, if any?

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac