Altered tunings

gardens

14 Jun, 2020 11:27 PM

When I edit a track to change the tuning eg to DADGAD, the +,- icons on the string pitches don’t seem to do anything most of the time. Occasionally they work for a string or 2, but not consistently enough to change to DADGAD. There used to be tuning templates but I can’t find those in the new version. I’m using iPadOS 13.4.1 on an iPad mini, with the latest Tabular.

1. 1 Posted by gardens on 15 Jun, 2020 10:09 PM

To add to this, if I open an old file in DADGAD and edit the track name or instrument, the tuning comes up as EADGBE, which I can’t alter. When I hit save it changes the tuning of the whole piece From DADGAD to standard and ruins it.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jarod Long on 15 Jun, 2020 11:15 PM

Hey there! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and I'm really sorry for the trouble. I just fixed both of these bugs, so they should no longer be an issue after the next update. In the mean time, for the first issue, backing out of the track form and reopening it can help make the pitch buttons responsive again. I was able to configure a DADGAD tuning after doing this a few times. Sorry again, I know it's a frustrating issue!

3. 3 Posted by gardens on 17 Jun, 2020 10:51 AM

Thanks Jarod. I’ve managed to get a template of DADGAD and acoustic soundset so that’s got me going for now.
    I’ve spotted another problem with the percussion sounds but I’ll raise that separately.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac