I can not open any file in my tabular app

Emmanuel Cruz

14 Jun, 2020 03:17 AM

I am pasting the log I got, I have reinstalled my app but when I try to open a file in an external location or create a new one, I got this error message

Failed to check if a file already exists where this document should be saved to.

Failed to check if item exists at '/Users/juanemmanuelcruzhernandez/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~com~chromaticlabs~tabular/Documents/Documents/Emanuel Hedberg/Acoustic Blues Shuffle In E.tabular'.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 14 Jun, 2020 10:42 PM

Hey Emmanuel, sorry for the trouble! That error can mean that Tabular doesn't have access to your library folder, or that the folder doesn't exist.

If you open your iCloud Drive folder, do you see a folder called Tabular? If not, the issue might be that iCloud Drive isn't enabled. If you open System Preferences and go to Internet Accounts, then iCloud, the iCloud Drive option should be checked, and if you click on the Options button next to it, Tabular should appear in the list and also be checked.

Enabling those options should fix the issue if they're not enabled already. Let me know if that helps, and I can look into it further if not!

2. 2 Posted by Emmanuel Cruz on 15 Jun, 2020 01:37 AM

Is there a way to use tabular without iCloudDrive? I tried several times to set a normal folder as source but it is show me same same error message

Enviado desde mi iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 15 Jun, 2020 09:43 PM

Yes, you should be able to put your library in a regular folder. When you select a new library location in the app's settings, a "confirm move" button should appear next to the selected location. If you change the location and press that button, then close and reopen the settings, does it still show the old location (iCloud Drive)?

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac