Tabular on iPad doesn't work

johanjvsound

08 May, 2020 08:09 AM

Good day,

I bought Tabular for Mac a few years ago and it works fine. I recently bought the iPad version and it doesn't work. When I launch the app and select iCloud, it doesn't let me choose a folder. When I select continue the app crashes. Please let me know how to fix this problem or I would like to get a refund. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Johan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 08 May, 2020 07:31 PM

Hey Johan,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I've spent some time investigating the issue on my end, and I unfortunately haven't been able to reproduce it. It's not clear yet what the issue might be.

I'm not seeing anything that looks related in the app's crash logs. If you're comfortable doing so, it would be very helpful to enable sharing crash data with app developers, which you can do in your system settings: Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Share With App Developers. If you enable that setting, then trigger the crash a few times, I should get enough information to track down the issue.

Some other things that would be helpful to know:

• What version of iPadOS and what model of iPad are you using?
    • When you say the app doesn't let you choose a folder, what happens when you try? Tapping on the iCloud button should bring up a view of your folders in iCloud drive and on your iPad, then you should be able to select one and press Done. At what point does that fail?
    • Have you changed any iCloud-related settings? Particularly disabling iCloud Drive or disabling iCloud for Tabular in your system settings. The app should work regardless, but this is something that could be a factor here.

Thanks, and sorry again for the trouble!

Jarod

2. 2 Posted by johanjvsound on 13 May, 2020 11:50 AM

Hey Jarrod,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not have any problems on the Mac version. It is OS 10.10.5.

It’s an iPad Air but I’m not sure of the model with iOS 12.4.6. When I open Tabular and select Continue, the app crashes. When I select iCloud it opens the iCloud Drive folder, then I open the subfolder called GP where all my GP files are located, but it does not let me select Done. This is the same for all folders.

I trust you will be able to find a sollution and I look forward in hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Johan

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 14 May, 2020 08:22 PM

Thank for the additional information Johan, that's very helpful! I looked into this some more, and it looks like there unfortunately is a bug in the app specifically on iOS 12 that prevents folder selection from working.

If you're okay with updating your iPad to iOS 13, that should fix the folder selection issue for you. Otherwise, an update to the app should be available within a few days that will fix the issue on iOS 12.

However, I unfortunately haven't made any progress on diagnosing the crash issue. I just don't have enough information to track it down. It's possible that updating to iOS 13 will fix it as well, but I can't say for sure. For this sort of issue, I either need to be able to trigger the crash myself, or a user with app data sharing enabled needs to trigger the crash so that information about why the crash happened is sent to me.

If updating to iOS 13 doesn't fix the issue and I don't receive a crash log, unfortunately there won't be anything else that I'm able to do on my end. If needed, you should be able to receive a refund by following these instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

Apologies again for all the trouble!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac