Missing library on my ipad

Douglas

22 Dec, 2019 04:32 PM

The last uptade erase my library completely. I lost 500 tabs that i wrote to use with my students. You have to find a way to solve this problem quickly! How can you do something like that guys? People put their money on a app that destroy a work of years and years. You guys work on a uptade that makes the app worse than it was?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 23 Dec, 2019 03:41 AM

Hi Douglas,

I'm so sorry -- this is an issue that has affected a few users with large iCloud libraries when updating to 2.0. It stemmed from a bug with handling files that existed in iCloud but were not downloaded to the device during the library update process. It's been fixed in the 2.0.1 update, but unfortunately I didn't catch the issue for the initial release.

There are a few things you can try to restore your library:

• Make sure the app is fully updated, then navigate to the settings page, tap the ... button at the top-right, then select Check for Version 1 Library to attempt the library update process again. • The app attempts to create a backup of your version 1 data before updating the library. In the Files app, the library should be located in a folder called "Tabular" or "Tabular Mobile". Inside that folder, there should be another folder called "Version 1 Backup" containing your files. • If both of those fail, you can attempt to restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup if you have one.

Again, I'm truly sorry. This is an unacceptable error on my part, and I'll be focusing my efforts on putting processes into place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac