Missing Library

Ernst Rupp

20 Dec, 2019 07:23 AM

Hi,
I am using tabular since several years on my iPad 2018. yesterday I found the App updated and now all (!!) my songs are missing. The library is completely empty. Searching it brought the message „there is no library found“.
Please help me get back all my songs!!
Thanks
Ernst

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 20 Dec, 2019 04:50 PM

Hi Ernst,

I'm so sorry for the trouble! There was an issue with undownloaded iCloud files being missed during the 2.0 library update process which seems to have been causing this problem. This was fixed in the 2.0.1 update, and I also added a way to retry the library update process. If you're on the latest version, you can navigate to the settings page, tap the ⋯ button at the top-right, select "Check for Version 1 Library", and you'll be able to try the update again.

If that doesn't restore your content, then it should be available in the backup that the app makes before going through with the update process. If you navigate to your library using the Files app (which should be in a folder called Tabular Mobile in iCloud Drive unless you selected a different location), there should be a folder called Version 1 Backup that contains your content.

Sorry again, I hope this helps!

2. 2 Posted by Ernst H. Rupp on 21 Dec, 2019 08:50 PM

Hi Jarod,

It seems that does not work.
    The first possibility you wrote (searching again for thr library) I had already tried, as you wrote in the App-Store.
    Searching for the folder is also not helpful. Seems it does not exist, there is just one folder called „tabular“ which is empty. A folder „tabular mobile“ I can not find.
    Is there another chance to help?
     Thanks

Ernst

Ernst H. Rupp
    Erfurter Str. 3
    78467 Konstanz
    Tel.: +49 7531 695929

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 22 Dec, 2019 06:54 PM

Ah, the Tabular folder is the same as Tabular Mobile. Apple names the folder after the app, and it's usually called Tabular Mobile when using the iPad app and Tabular when using the Mac app.

I'm so sorry, but if the search feature doesn't work and the iCloud folder is empty, the only way to restore your documents would be to restore an iCloud or iTunes backup.

I know this is unacceptable, and I'm deeply sorry. I wish I had caught this issue sooner. I'll be focusing my efforts on preventing this sort of thing from happening again in the future.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac