I can’t open a song I just made, it kicks me off the app

Brad Jones

12 Dec, 2019 07:34 PM

Wow, this new version is horrible. I can’t open a song I just notated without getting kicked out of the app. I can open a different one I notated, I just can print that one. I have had this app for years and had hundreds of songs notated on it. It was backed up to the cloud, and I still lost everything with this update. Just st like with the last update. The people at this company are horrible people. Do they think at all, ever?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 12 Dec, 2019 08:56 PM

Hi Brad,

I'll need some more information to help you out. Can you elaborate on what you mean by getting kicked out of the app? Is this the iOS or macOS app?

When you updated to the latest version, the app should have shown you a message telling you that it will import your library from version 1. After pressing continue, it should have told you what was imported and whether there were any errors. I've attached screenshots of what this looks like on macOS. Did you go through this process, and if so, did it show you any error messages?

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Brad Jones on 12 Dec, 2019 09:27 PM

Jarod,This is iOS on my iPad.Brad

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, December 12, 2019, 1:56 PM, Jarod Long <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv5497867724 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv5497867724 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

3. 3 Posted by Brad Jones on 12 Dec, 2019 09:29 PM

It did not prompt me to move over my old library. It just opened a brand new app.Brad

On Thursday, December 12, 2019, 2:27 PM, Brad Jones <[email blocked]> wrote:

Jarod,This is iOS on my iPad.Brad

On Thursday, December 12, 2019, 1:56 PM, Jarod Long <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv5767760835 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv5767760835 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jarod Long on 13 Dec, 2019 12:10 AM

Very strange...I don't see any way for the app to start up without asking you to update your library. It shouldn't be able to start at all if you haven't gone through that process because it wouldn't know where to store your new library, so it's hard to say what's happening based off of what you described.

In any case, your songs should not be lost -- they should still be in the same place that they were before, the app just needs to migrate them to a new format and location before they can be used. That was supposed to happen when you first updated, and unfortunately there's not currently a way to trigger that process again if it didn't happen the first time.

I'm going to work on a way to manually trigger the import process from inside the app, which should allow you to recover your songs. It will be included in the next update, which I'll hopefully be able to submit within the next few days. Sorry for the trouble.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac