Tied notes

Jim

21 Jul, 2014 12:29 PM

I'm having lots of issues with tied notes.

Occasionally all works as expected, but most of the time I get crazy results - see screen shots. Attached screenshots show before and after using the 'Note Notations' option, or shortcut 'T'.

My document has 2 tracks, 1 a melody line and the other chords.

All help appreciated.
Jim, London.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 21 Jul, 2014 11:27 PM

Hey Jim! Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I appreciate the screenshots, they're very helpful!

I've discovered the cause of the problem -- the app maintains your current selection in the staff independently of your selection in the tablature, and when you try to tie notes together it's always using the tablature selection even if you're currently selecting notes on the staff. That's why the results are inconsistent and unexpected.

I'll make sure to get this fixed for the next update, but in the mean time, you'll unfortunately need to be selecting the tablature to get predictable behavior when tying notes. Using the Command + Option + Shift + Up/Down shortcuts to switch between the staff and tab might make this easier.

As a side note, I assume you're trying to tie the two E's on the bottom line together. It's a bit hard to tell (I'm hoping to improve the UI for this in a future update so it's more clear), but you're actually selecting the space just above the first line. So if the app was working properly, it would actually just beep and do nothing since there's nothing to tie to in that space.

Hope this was helpful, and let me know if you need anything else!

2. 2 Posted by James Barnard on 22 Jul, 2014 05:45 AM

Hi Jarod.

That's very helpful thanks.
    I've been able to add the ties via the tab using the technique you describe, so it's all good. I have another question but I'll raise a new issue to keep things clean!

Keep up the good work, it's really developing into a great app!

Jim.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac