Multiple functions not working.

martin.henwood

07 Jul, 2014 06:44 AM

I downloaded Tabular+ yesterday. There appear to be numerous functions not working. I want to use this app to write Ukulele tab. None of the ukulele functions or tuning elements are working.

I hope you can help, soon, as I'm really disappointed with the whole app so far.

Regards, Martin Henwood.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 07 Jul, 2014 07:19 AM

Hey Martin! I'm sorry to hear that the app isn't working for you. Can you be more specific about the problems you're having? I'm not aware of any issues that would prevent you from writing ukulele tablature. When you're creating or editing a track, you should be able to select the built-in ukulele tuning from the list even without purchasing the Tabular+ upgrade.

Sorry again for the trouble, hope to hear back soon!

2. 2 Posted by martin.henwood on 07 Jul, 2014 07:48 AM

Ok, talk me through setting up to write ukulele tab. Maybe it's me, I've gone trough the in app tutorial, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Cheers, Martin.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 07 Jul, 2014 08:53 AM

Sure thing. The tutorial unfortunately doesn't cover this topic, so I understand the confusion. First you'll want to create a new document from the library by pressing the + button at the top-right of the screen. You can use any settings you'd like when creating the document, though I'd recommend selecting None for the template.

Once the document is created, you'll be taken to the screen where the score can be viewed and edited. At the top-right is a button that displays which track within the score is selected. It should say "New Track" if you chose None for the document template. Tap that button to open up the track list. Swipe left on the track to reveal more controls for the track, including an edit button on the left. Tap the edit button to bring up the track configuration form. (You can also press the + button at the top-right of the track list to create a new track instead of editing an existing one.)

Tap the tuning field to bring up the list of available tunings, and select the built-in ukulele tuning. You'll also want to change the sound from the default electric guitar to one that's closer to a ukulele. There's no ukulele-specific sound, but Acoustic Guitar or Classical Guitar should be a decent approximation. Change any other settings that you'd like, press done, and you should have a ukulele track ready to go.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jarod Long on 07 Jul, 2014 08:56 AM

Oh, also, once you've set up the document to have a ukulele track configured the way you like it, you may want to create a document template to speed up the process for future songs. When editing the song, press the action menu button at the bottom-right of the screen, scroll down to the very bottom and select Create Template. Then, the next time you're creating a document, you can choose the template you created rather than None, and the ukulele track will be set up for you automatically.

5. 5 Posted by martin.henwood on 07 Jul, 2014 03:41 PM

I've followed you instructions as written. To be honest that was pretty much what I had done in any case. I still don't seem to be any further forward. The stave shows, guitar in standard tuning, and the fretboard shows six strings and are not in GCEA tuning. There doesn't seem to be any means of saving the edits I make, if the app is supposed to save them automatically, it doesn't.

I'm afraid I need more help.

Regards, Martin Henwood

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Jarod Long on 07 Jul, 2014 08:48 PM

So when you edit the track, you select the ukulele tuning, press done, and then it takes you back to the score and still shows a guitar tuning? That's very strange...what happens if you try to create a new track instead of editing the existing one? Does it create the track but still display a guitar tuning? What about if you try to create a percussion track?

As for saving changes, the app is intended to work the same as other typical iOS apps -- you don't explicitly tell the app to save your changes. They should be saved automatically. So if you create or open a document, make some changes, press the back button to go back to the library, then open the document again, the changes you made are gone?

These are some pretty serious issues that I've not heard anyone else experiencing, so there must be some problem with the app that's specific to your particular configuration, or perhaps there's some obscure bug that you may have triggered in some way. In any case, these kinds of problems are unfortunately very difficult to diagnose when I can't reproduce them myself, so any information you can give me about exactly what's happening would be very useful -- the more detailed the better. What kind of iPad are you running the app on, and what version of iOS are you using? Are you using iCloud?

At some point, the app may have gotten into a bad state that could be causing these issues. Try forcing the app to close (by double-tapping the home button and then swiping up on the app) and then re-open it and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, try deleting and reinstalling the app. Note that if you're not using iCloud, any documents that you've created will be lost if you do this, although I assume that's not a problem if you haven't been able to save any changes so far.

7. 7 Posted by martin.henwood on 08 Jul, 2014 08:01 AM

Ok, I deleted the app from my iPad then reloaded it from iCloud. It has reverted to "Tabular Mobile". So, now, if I try to edit anything the app tells me I need to upgrade to "Tabular+"

Prior to reloading the app, if I tried editing the app would show me the menus, but would not allow me to select any of the options.

Now my concern is that I've payed for the upgrade to Tabular+ but don't have it. Do you have any way of checking if I've actually payed for the upgrade.

Thanks for your help so far. I'm sure, between us, we can get the whole thing sorted out.

Regards, Martin Henwood.

8. 8 Posted by martin.henwood on 08 Jul, 2014 08:05 AM

I've just checked my email. I have an iTunes receipt that shows I have payed for the upgrade to Tabular+.

So, where to from here?

Regards, Martin Henwood.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Jarod Long on 08 Jul, 2014 04:36 PM

You can restore your purchase of Tabular+ by pressing the upgrade button as if you were going to purchase it again, but instead of pressing the purchase button, press the gray "Restore" button next to it. It may ask you to sign in with your Apple ID. The upgrade will then be unlocked again.

Let me know how it's working once you've restored your purchase!

10. 10 Posted by martin.henwood on 08 Jul, 2014 10:36 PM

Ok, I've done the restore routine. I seem to have more functions working, I managed to get the four string tab staff and the GCEA tuning (not entirely sure how though). I'll be bothering you with lots of daft questions over the next few weeks.

I give some more comprehensive feedback when I've got used to using the app.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Martin Henwood.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Jarod Long on 09 Jul, 2014 10:26 PM

Great, glad to hear that things are working now!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac