Hammer on / pull off

17 Mar, 2016 03:34 PM

Cannot work our how to set a Legato between two notes while more are ringing, e.g. playing a chord and changing one of the chords notes to a higher one (or lower one). Uuhh, sorry for the complicated explanation. Hope someone will get it ; )
I' m using tabular on Ipad and when try this the legato bow always connects the deepest note in the chord...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 18 Mar, 2016 01:43 AM

Hey Bert, thanks for getting in touch!

You should be able to accomplish this by using a combination of legato and tied notes. If you play a chord in one division, then in the next division you can have a hammer-on or pull-off on a particular string while tying the notes on the other strings. I've attached an example of this below.

The slur line indicating the legato is always drawn between the two lowest notes in each division even if the actual hammer-on or pull-off is played on higher strings. This is mostly for consistency with the slur lines in the staff notation, where a single slur line is drawn above or below all notes to indicate legato, but I might revisit this in the future.

Hope this helps!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac