multi-track repeating measures

03 Feb, 2016 06:12 PM

Apologies for the noob question. I'm working on a multitrack project. The project begins with Track 1, a single-measure riff that repeats 7 times. Track 2 comes in after the first two measures and then repeats 5 times.

My issue, essentially: I cannot figure out how to get track 2 to come in on measure 3 and repeat 5 times. It seems to me that the 'repeat measure' function is global, so, in the above example, I'm forced to have 7 measures repeat across both tracks 1 and 2.

Please help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 05 Feb, 2016 02:22 AM

Hey Randy,

It's true, this is an unfortunate limitation of the app at the moment. One of my goals for future versions is to allow users to write music more like you would in a DAW, with tracks having independently loopable sections to cut down on repetition. Designing this kind of system for music written in traditional staff / tablature notation is somewhat challenging, but I think it can be done, so I hope to have that implemented at some point.

It likely will not be in the upcoming 2.0 update, but if not it will be looked at shortly afterward. In the mean time, unfortunately you'll have to manually repeat those measures.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac