Capo setting?

jonah.n.schupbach

09 Sep, 2015 03:04 PM

First off, thanks for the great product ... so far I'm really pleased with this app!! Now on to the question: Does Tabular allow you to specify that you are writing your tabs for a certain capo position? Perhaps I'm just missing how you specify this (?). If not, this would be a really important feature to add in order for the tab notation and standard notation to accurately align. For example (just in case it's not clear what I'm getting at from the above), right now I'm writing out a song in D, but where I capo 2 and play as if I'm in C. If I simply write the tabs this way, the standard notation effectively puts me in the key of C instead of D (because it doesn't know that I'm using a capo at the 2nd fret)--I've attached an image of what I'm talking about.

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. Does Tabular support custom tunings / can I use Tabular with my instrument?

Yes, Tabular allows you to configure a custom tuning when creating or editing a track (Document → Create Track / Command+T or Document → Edit Track / Command+Shift+T respectively on OS X). If your instrument has between 3 and 12 courses, and those strings are tuned somewhere between C0 and A5, you can create a tuning for that instrument. This means you can use alternate guitar tunings (drop D, dow...

See more..
  1. jonah.n.schupbach closed this discussion on 09 Sep, 2015 03:11 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac