is there a user guide ?

applepossum

26 Jul, 2015 04:42 PM

The tutorial answered quite a few of my questions but I'm looking for deeper explanations on some of the features in Tabular.

The tie Note Notation seems to be broken, doing more than I intend, or I am not understanding the behavior.

see attached before and after screen shots for an example of unexpected behavior.

I'm also confused about the Division Notation "Let Ring", it seems to persist beyond where I intend the ringing to stop.

I'd also like to know what the Lock icon does, it seems to do something but I have not been able to figure that out yet.

I really love the potential of this app, it's quite an accomplishment.

applepossum

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 27 Jul, 2015 08:16 PM

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

There's not currently a user manual, but I'm hoping to release one with the upcoming 2.0 update. In the mean time, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

The tied note notation does work a little differently than you might expect. When you activate it, it will tie whichever notes you have selected to the closest preceding notes on the same string. So in your example, you'd want to select only the 4 on the right, then add a tied note notation.

I believe the let ring notation will cause the notes to ring until the following measure ends, or until another note on the same string is played. I may allow for customization of how long the let ring notation lasts in the future, but in the mean time you'll need to use tied notes for controlling specific note durations.

The lock and paragraph icons are for prevent and force row break notations respectively. The lock will prevent measures from continuing on to the next row, while the paragraph will force them onto the next row. They're useful if you need greater control over the layout of the score.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else!

2. 2 Posted by applepossum on 27 Jul, 2015 08:59 PM

Hi Jarod,

Thanks for the information, I’ll give those tips a try.

applepossum

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac