New track tuning only gives guitar option.

15 Jun, 2015 11:10 PM

when I try to write a bass track , the tuning option only allows for guitar tuning.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 18 Jun, 2015 07:21 AM

Hey Joseph,

Apologies for the late reply! Are you using the Mac or iPad version of the app? Tabular should have a built-in bass tuning, but if it's missing for some reason, you should be able to create a new one yourself. If you're using the Mac version, you can create a bass tuning using the tuning editor in the track form.

If you're using the iPad version, you need the Tabular+ in-app purchase to create a new tuning. Let me know if you don't have it, and I can email you a code to unlock it so you can recreate the missing tuning.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

2. 2 Posted by Joseph on 18 Jun, 2015 10:41 AM

Hello Jarod, I'm using the iPad version and I've purchased the upgraded version. The problem started when I deleted the app to open up space for another app that required the space. Then I reinstalled the app and restored the upgraded. I've done this twice and the other instrument tuning options are not there. Only guitar.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 19 Jun, 2015 03:03 AM

I see -- it looks like there may be a bug with preserving tunings when deleting and reinstalling the app. I'll look into it -- in the mean time, unfortunately you'll need to recreate the tunings that you want to use.

On the iPad version, since you have the upgrade, when you create a new track you should see a Manage Tunings button on the right side of the tuning field. If you tap that and then hit the + button at the top-right of the next screen, you should be able to create and add a new bass tuning.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac