Tutorial Error? ----> section on adding notes adds durations instead of notes!!!

13 Apr, 2015 06:21 PM

I'm note sure if it is operator error or app error. I am unable to enter notations and then move the cursor within a measure. When I refer back to the tutorial that demonstrates how to enter notes it enters durations instead. For example, the tutorial states that there is a sole quarter note in the measure yet there is none. Also, the tutorial states that by pressing a W key that a notes will be placed in the measure yet a duration is placed instead. When in compose mode in a new document only durations can be entered or dead notes I am unable to select notes from the left window as only a chord chart is available. All these issues may be due to me inexperience or they may be system glitches, either way, help is very much welcomed. I can be reached at this thread or my email in my profile. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 14 Apr, 2015 03:54 AM

Hey there,

I've replied to your earlier email, which should hopefully help you with these issues. Feel free to let me know if you need any additional assistance. Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by oldgibson1910 on 14 Apr, 2015 04:10 AM

Tks - I'm figuring it out by using the fretboard to place notes on the staff. Tks Steve

Sent from my iPhone

3. 3 Posted by oldgibson1910 on 15 Apr, 2015 06:17 AM

I am getting better at using the program. Once I figured out that the program is really reverse engineering standard notation I switched to using the fretboard to place the note which in turn place both a standard note on the staff and then I could adjust the fingering of the phrase accordingly. Since in guitar and lute tabs it is hard to identify a half or whole duration when stacked in a chord so ensuring exact transcription of standard notation into tab is not exact -- but that's ok, cuz I always adjust a piece with their own style. Storing scores I am working on with my iPad in the cloud is great since not all features for editing are available on the iPad app -- no worries. Great App!!! Glad I downloaded both for my Mac and iPad!! Keep updating and making it better!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jarod Long on 17 Apr, 2015 02:32 PM

Glad to hear that the app is useful for you :) It's always great to hear about the positive experiences people are having with it. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions for how to improve the app!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac