Chord diagram

03 Feb, 2015 11:15 PM

I'm using an iPad Air 2 .
The app crashes, close by itself. I didn't find a way to insert chord diagrams over the stave. When I click on the diagram, appear just a chord diagram under the composer name, that's it. Furthermore, Is there a way to write rhythmic notation (slashes)? And fix the number of bars per line? You will implement it?
Kind regards

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 04 Feb, 2015 06:27 AM

Hi Alex,

Apologies for the crashing -- does it happen in a specific situation? If you know how to get the crash to happen, I should be able to fix it pretty easily.

At the moment, there's no support for chord diagrams above the staff, only the chord names. I'll do my best to add support for that in the upcoming 2.0 version. There's no rhythmic notation either right now. I'm not sure if that will be ready for 2.0, but it is something that I want to add eventually.

You can control the number of bars per row by using Force Row Break and Prevent Row Break notations, which are the last two listed underneath measure notations. Additional control over the score layout is planned for the future as well.

Hope this helps, and apologies for not having those features in yet. Let me know if you need anything else!

2. 2 Posted by Alessandro Pudd... on 05 Feb, 2015 10:10 AM

Thanks for your reply Jarod.
    I'm a music teacher - currently teaching at the icmp, where Justin is visiting tutor....
    I'm evaluating the music apps around and there is a lot to do....your app looks nice and the learning curve is shorter than, for example, Tab Edit....
    Hope you will implement those features very soon.
    As I understood at the moment is Not ps dibble to add chord names...or Yes?
    Have a good day

Sent from my iPad

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 05 Feb, 2015 08:55 PM

I'm really glad to hear you're interested in using the app for teaching! Unfortunately, as the only developer of the app, releasing new features is a pretty slow process. I'm taking things slowly with the upcoming major update because I want it to be a solid foundation for me to continue to build upon the app more rapidly. As a result, those new features probably won't be added in the immediate future. I'm estimating a couple more months before the next major update is ready to be released.

It is possible to add chord names -- whenever you add a chord chart notation, the name of the chord will be calculated automatically by default, or you can type in a different name if you like. The name will show up both above the staff and as part of the chord chart at the top of the score.

4. 4 Posted by Alessandro Pudd... on 05 Feb, 2015 09:04 PM

Thanks too Jarod,
    No worries, also if you're working alone you're doing a great job and I'm
    sure your future updates will further enhance your application. If I can
    help in somehow, just let me know.
    Best wishes

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jarod Long on 06 Feb, 2015 01:59 AM

Thanks Alex, I'll definitely let you know! Feedback is always useful, so if you come up with suggestions for new features or for how things could work differently, feel free to let me know.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac