Alternate ending not accounted for by playback

alex

13 Nov, 2014 10:47 AM

Wow. Maybe you want to revert to calling this beta?

Create three or more measures in a track, then apply the "Alternate Ending" notation to any measure after the first and before the last, and have the ending include at least repeat #1. Compose a second ending measure after the first and apply the "Alternate Ending" notation; select an ending value greater than the previous measure. Play the track in either Compose or Practice mode.

Expected: Audible score plays measures in order designated by Alternate Ending notation. All measures from the open repeat to the 1,n endings should play, followed by all measures from the open repeat to the n+1,z ending(s).

Actual: Audible score plays measures sequentially with no regard for Alternate Ending notation. Upon final play of an 1,n Alternate Ending, the playback does not resume at the measure with the open repeat. Instead, playback continues through to the next Alternate Ending measure.

Note: This is exactly how I played tabs as a 14-yr old before I understood the notation. Should I temper my expectations by assuming that's your target audience?

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac