Manual?, instructions?, tutorials?

20 Oct, 2014 12:45 PM

Where do I find info on how to use this app?

Tutorial button in help doesn't work!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jarod Long on 20 Oct, 2014 08:55 PM

Hey Charlie,

Unfortunately there's currently no manual -- just the tutorial. I'm working on an in-depth manual to go along with the upcoming 2.0 release of the app, however.

I wasn't aware that the tutorial button isn't working -- it seems that it broke in the iOS 8 update. Thanks for letting me know! I'll get that fixed as soon as possible.

In the mean time, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about how to use the app. Apologies for the inconvenience!

2. 2 Posted by Chaliedog on 21 Oct, 2014 09:59 PM

Thanks for responding

Great app!

How do I delete a measure, bar?

Can I change the tuning so as to transcribe between different tunings/instruments?

This is probably more musical than app, but here goes anyway. Does changing the key signature effect the sound of the piece....I.e. Some stuff I'm transcribing from my uke, I'm not real sure what the key signature should be, so I just enter it in c sounds fine, but does changing it later if that is possible effect the sound?

Sent from Paul's iPad

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jarod Long on 22 Oct, 2014 03:26 AM

Thanks Charlie!

If you swipe inward on the buttons to the left or right of the fretboard, you'll reveal a couple more buttons. On the left side, you'll get a delete measure button next to the delete division button.

You can change the tuning of a track, but in some cases it won't be able to keep all of the notes. For example, if you change a guitar tuning to a ukulele tuning, the lower notes on the guitar can't be played on a ukulele, so those notes would be deleted. When you're changing to a drastically different tuning, you'll most likely need to manually rearrange notes so they make sense to play on that instrument.

Key signatures never effect the playback of a track, they only ever modify the way the notes are displayed on the staff. So you're free to change the key at any time without any worries.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Chromatic Labs please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac